Attention All Women Cyclists - July 17th, 2022 10:00am - 4:00pm
Bicycle Doctor has partnered with the Wisconsin Bike Fed to bring the nation's longest running educational program for cyclists to Dousman, Wisconsin. For our first airing of Smart Cycling, we are opening it exclusively to women ages 16 and older, as a step to set a new standard and reach new goals for our popular Women's Group Ride. We encourage all women who have ridden or plan to ride with our women's group to register. The 1-day course will be facilitated by Michelle Bacchaus of the Wisconsin Bike Fed. Michelle is certified by The League of American Bicyclists as an instructor of their Smart Cycling program. Beverages and snacks will be provided and there will be a half-hour lunch break.
The cost of the course is $60, and includes:
- classroom and on-bike instruction by a certified instructor
- Smart Cycling manual and guide
- access to skills modules created by The League of American Bicyclists
- Smart Cycling certificate upon completion of the course
- (Optional 4:00 pm-5:00 pm) 3 mile Ride Leader Experience offered for those who would like to implement their new skills on the road
Upon completion of our Bicycle Doctor location course, alumni benefits include:
- $10 in-store credit for use on any service or purchase at Bicycle Doctor
- Exclusive future promotions at Bicycle Doctor (we promise, they will be big!)
- Qualification to become a Bicycle Doctor appointed mentor for newbies to the Women's Group Ride
Participants Will Need:
Bicycle in good working order, helmet, water bottle, closed toed biking shoes, cooler/wet weather gear for weather. You will be riding outside and should be prepared for weather.
STORM RESCHEDULE DATE: SATURDAY, AUGUST 6TH